Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Leaving!


But only for 2 weeks! I'll be visiting extended family in Nova Scotia. I won't have access to a computer, so will have to wait and share pictures with you......if I have time........ after I get back on October 14th.

I'm sorry I haven't written in a long while--the blame lies squarely with my work schedule which has ramped up to more than 30 hours per week. I used to read and write blogs in the evening hours after cooking dinner for my Homestay students--after I'd finished cleaning up the kitchen. But now I've had to become a morning person, so no more staying up late! Then on weekends I play the catch-up-game. I can see all you working moms nodding your heads. Yessiree! You play that game too, don't you!

I've also become more involved at church--playing the piano for the morning service once a month, plus playing for the services at a local nursing home two Sundays per month. Then add in weekly Bible Study, Prayer Meeting and the Christmas program practice. Seems like I'm never home anymore!

So much for being retired!

But, I am missing all of you very much! So when I get back, I'll keep trying to find snatches of time when I can read your blogs, make comments and, if I'm lucky, write something in my own blog.

But right now I've got to get back to packing.

Love,

Homestay Mama

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering what happened to you!! I was starting to get a little worried! Have a safe and RELAXING trip. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If any-one deserves a holiday it is you....Nova Scotia it sounds wondeful....Have a wonderful time and I'm loking forward to sharing your pics when you get back...
    Hugs mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have a wonderful time visiting with your family. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your photo's so you better BE SURE to post them when you get home!

    Sending prayers for a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been missing you. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family.
    What is this about a work schedule in one sentence and the next retired....which is it?
    Do you have my new e-address? You know I lost everything when my account was stolen. Call me and I will give you the new one.
    Love you and hope you are able to truly rest and relax while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have MISSED you and your posts but I completely understand. It IS so hard to fit everything in and who can? Something has to give sometimes and blog visiting is too often it. I'm working about 16 hour days right now with writing, homeschooling, researching, shopping, cooking, having a stepdad in the hospital, and teaching Sunday School. Life is crazy and sometimes I feel like calling in sick for two days and playing hookey! I just don't know who to call!

    I hope you have a WONDERFUL time and forget everything. Soak in the beauty of nature and relationships and cast your cares on Him for he cares for you! So do I! So, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good you are busy in retirement! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete