Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Mountains are Out! Day 2

When the mountains are out, they don't stay out for long. So I spent most of today chasing them with camera in hand, because, the rain clouds are already forming out in the Pacific Ocean and will be rolling in tomorrow, obscuring all this beauty again, for awhile.

So, here are a few more pictures to entice you to come visit our Evergreen State.

The following pic was taken from a residential area facing the Olympics and Puget Sound to the west.



The neat thing however, is that I don't have to drive down to the water to get awesome views of the mountains. They are visible right in my hometown when I'm out running errands. For example, here is a view of the Olympics from one of our main streets.


This next picture is taken in the city where I do most of my shopping. From this overpass, I can see the Olympics to the west towering over the main street in town.


Now by simply pivoting in the opposite direction, this is the road to the mall and the Cascades to the east. Believe me, it's nearly impossible to keep your eyes on the road when the mountains are out!


And finally, I drove to a city farther north to get a sweeping vista of the Cascades. It took 6 photos end to end to capture the range as far as the naked eye could see. But the total range stretches even farther in both directions. Here are just 3 photos out of the 6.
















Feeling certain that I'm living in God's Country!

Love,

Homestay Mama

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking so too! One of these days, I'm determined to find something pretty in my parts.
    ...now if I was back in Florida, I could take some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we blessed?
    Better get over to my blog and enter THE contest. You will be so sorry if you miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're simply beautiful and I would never get tired of looking at views like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inDEED in God's country!! LOVE the photos. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, "God's country" is a good descriptor. What a beautiful sky in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a similar shaped mountain. It is Mt. Kosiosko. I can't see it from town, but the people in Tumbarumba can see it. I have some pics on my blog.
    http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/search/label/Australian%20photos

    ReplyDelete