Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Rest of the Story

If you read my previous post, you know that one of my homestay students and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and did some sightseeing on Sunday.

Well now, here is the 'rest of the story.'

We had been traveling north on I-5 for about 20 minutes when the car in front of us swerved suddenly to avoid hitting some metal junk on the freeway. I tried to miss it too, but, "wham, bang!"

Ouch!

Hoping it hadn't damaged my gas tank, I kept glancing in the rear view mirror to see if there was a trail of liquid on the pavement.

Nothing. It appeared everything was OK. So I relaxed.

We put a lot of miles on the car that day and didn't get home until 10:00 p.m.

On Monday afternoon I got into my car to go to the grocery store. Something felt very wrong as I backed out of my driveway, so I pulled back in.

Uh-oh. A flat tire!

I pulled the spare tire out of the trunk and found the wrench. But, I felt pretty helpless. I have never changed a tire in my entire life! (Amazing, but true!)

About a minute or two later, my neighbor came home from work, saw my dilemna and, bless his heart, took off the flat tire and put on the spare for me.

Today I took the flat tire to Les Schwaab Tire Center. They discovered a broken piece of metal imbedded deep into the tire--and they fixed it for free!

You may be thinking, "That was lucky!" But I say, it wasn't luck at all! It was God protecting my student and me on Sunday. And it was God providing help when I needed it yesterday through the kindness of my neighbor, and today through the folks at Les Schwaab.

Thank you God!
Thank you, neighbor!
Thank you Les Schwaab people!


Praising God for all his goodness,

Love,

Homestay Mama

4 comments:

  1. If only more people felt this way. Praising God for our blessings, instead of cursing Him for moments that give us a chance to learn and reflect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby's right.
    I thank God for each and every thing that happens, because even though I may not always understand the lesson or the blessing at the time... HE does.
    And each night when I say my prayers, I thank Him for the day I've had. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neas and Tatersmama,
    You are both so right on!
    Your friendship is a blessing to me.
    *BIG Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good, I love it when you can see God's blessings in your life like the ones you are sharing. Knowing that he is right there in every-day life walking beside us and looking after our needs.....

    ReplyDelete