Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Aunt Clyo, Tech-Savvy 90-Year-Old!



Here’s a lady who puts me to shame! She’s a tech-savvy, 90-year-old great-grandma! Yes, you read that right! She just turned 90 a week before Christmas.

Aunt Clyo sends me e-mails, attaches pictures, and reads my blog regularly! I can only hope to be as savant when I’m her age!

Her son took this picture a couple of weeks ago. I’d say she’s the smartest, most chic 90-year-old I've ever known. Here's an excerpt from her latest e-mail:

"I am doing really well for my age and enjoy so many things. The days fly by much too quickly for me. I am a night person and usually manage to make it to bed between 1:00 AM and 2 AM each morning as there is always one more thing I want to finish or do. I enjoy all my e-mail friends so much, keeps me busy each evening until around 10 PM and than I listen to a Vernon Magee sermon on radio from 10:30 PM until 11:00 PM. After that is my reading time as I usually read one or two new books a week. I like the non-fiction books and throw in a few fiction ones also. It all keeps this old brain of mine active. I do not watch very much TV but catch the news while I have breakfast here in my apartment."

In her words she’s “90 years young!” Attitude—that’s half her success right there; the rest is an abundance of good genes.

Love you, Aunt Clyo! I want to be like you when I grow up!

3 comments:

  1. I want to be just like your Auntie Clyo too, when and if I grow up!
    What a phenomenal and inspiring woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tatersmama. Yes, Aunt Clyo inspires me a lot! I wouldn't be surprised if she started a blog of her own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man - I don't usually manage to stay up past 10. Maybe you can send your Aunt Clyo to my house for a few weeks. I'd have her teaching me all kinds of things!!!

    ReplyDelete